“Bring it on, ugly boy!” – Groves v DeGale set for December??

19 09 2010

George Groves and James DeGale could be set for a huge London showdown on December 11th.

Following his win over Carl Dilks on Saturday night, DeGale and his promoter Frank Warren called out Groves over a potential clash. Having previously turned down the fight earlier in the year, Warren now wants to see the rivals square off.

“George has been calling James out and I’d like to accommodate him”, said Warren.

“I’ll be sending an offer through [to Hayemaker] on Monday.

“They want the fight so we’ll give it to them.  I’m doing my thirtieth anniversary show on December 11th at the Excel and James will be the star of the show.  They want the fight, they’ve got it.

The news will no doubt be welcomed by both fighters, who have been trading insults continuously throughout the year.

“It is personal between me and Groves,” said DeGale.

“He has achieved absolutely nothing and will achieve even less when he gets in the ring with me.

“I don’t like him and he doesn’t like me so I hope when the offer from my promoter Frank Warren lands on his mat on Monday morning he will sign it and send it back.

“Groves beat me as an amateur but I still got the nod and went to the Beijing Games to come back with a gold medal.”

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: